Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fantasy: The OrioleBlueWave Draft Results

The live draft for my 6x6 rotisserie league went down and with 17-teams in the league this year it took a good chunk of time to get through 21 rounds. And with 357 players drafted I think I managed to keep my picks within the top-300 players in the major league. Even at #10 in the draft order.

The OrioleBlueWave:

Batting -
Catcher: Mike Piazza (OAK)
First Base: Lyle Overbay (TOR)
Second Base: Chris Burke (HOU) / Aaron Hill (TOR)
Third Base: Hank Blalock (TEX) / Edwin Encarnacion (CIN) / Akinori Iwamura (TB)
Shortstop: Aaron Hill (TOR)
Outfield: Vladimir Guerrero (LAA) / Alex Rios (TOR) / Jeff Francoeur (ATL) / Chris Duffy (PIT) / Corey Hart (MIL) / Chris B. Young (ARI)

Pitching -
Starting Pitching: Chris Carpenter (STL) / Brandon Webb (ARI) / Brett Myers (PHI) / AJ Burnett (TOR)
Relief Pitching: Mariano Rivera (NYY) / Octavio Dotel (KC) / Salomon Torres (PIT) / Brian Stokes (TB)

At 17-teams, nobody gets much in the way of all-star players. I things ran pretty thin before I staffed up that infield. Aaron Hill was my #21 pick - so he was the best I could do to fill in shortstop at that point. I'm hoping Akinori Iwamura has a breakout year coming over from Japan and is my sleeper pick and Chris Duffy turns out to be the speed guy I can depend on. I also hope Piazza's days as a DH keep his bat in the lineup consistently enough that I don't need a backup catcher. And that starting rotation just looks outstanding. Brian Stokes is unofficially the D-Rays closer and hopefully up for the job there. And as Holds are a stat this year I've already added Luis Vizcaino (NYY) and dropped Chris B. Young.

With 4 fantasy teams all lined up and ready to go it's time for the real teams to get under way.

No comments: