Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Goin' all out for the Rookies

Check out Nick Markakis from 08/22/2006 MIN@BAL:

3-for-4 with 3 solo home runs! That gives him 11HR for the year and raises his average to .306. On a whim I tried to rescue my flailing fantasy team by plugging him into the lineup. That worked out pretty well. As usual, Batgirl's account of that game had me cracking up out loud.

My other big move was putting the hot bat of Mark Teahen in at third base. 08/22/2006 KC@CLE he goes 4-for-4 with 2 runs scored, 2RBI, 2 stolen bases and a home run. Nice! Add in the save from rookie closer Joe Nelson and perhaps people will stop laughing at me for loading up on Royals. I'm only one David DeJesus away from going all in with the team with the worst record in the majors.

I'm starting to think these rookies are where it's at. (I know, Teahen played 130 games in 2005, so technically he's not a rookie. But he's new to me and anyone else outside the Kansas City market). So I'm plugging in that last hole in the outfield. Don't fail me Chris Duncan. That .347 bat better be for real. It's been an uphill fight to stay out of last place in fantasy league.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's hard not to notice what Ethier has done this year. The National League is rich with hot rookies this year.